Wood watches has been an ongoing trend and its popularity doesn't seem to be waning any time now. In fact, there seems to be countless wooden watch brands online, compared to perhaps to just a few ten years back. And so you may be asking, why do I need to own one?
1. It's comfortable. Wood watches are made with bamboo, zebra wood, ebony or any other wood material which are lightweight. In addition, interchangeable watch straps made from wood, leather, silicone make wearing throughout the day super comfortable.
2. It lasts a lifetime. Being made from wood, which is obviously softer than metal or plastic doesn't mean the durability of wood watches is not the same in comparison. Quality craftsmanship ensures most wood watches to last a lifetime. Several models available out there are even water proof, which add to their durability.
3. It supports the community and the environment. Most brands harvest wood from sustainable artificial forests, which provides that for every trunk felled several trees are planted. Also, wood watch brands out there recognize the increased consumer demand for products that are socially responsible with some contributing profits toward a social cause.
4. It's a statement. Sporting a wood watch outside the home, or in your office attracts the eye and most of the time, sparks a compliment and conversation. What better way to express your individuality and "wokefulness" to social issues than a wood watch?
5. It provides excellent value. You don't need to spend an arm and a leg on wood watches, unlike a Rolex or an Omega. You can get a high-quality wood watch for under US$ 200, which you can enjoy for several years and even give to your kids as an heirloom piece.